Writing Compelling PR Content
Make your writing effective, engaging and shareable
Feel more confident in your ability to write online articles, press releases, and blog posts. Know how to structure different media pieces correctly. And make sure your message is loud and clear in everything you write.
Working in a busy comms or marketing department, you'll be constantly switching from writing stories, press releases and opinion pieces to blogs posts, social media posts and comments. Each has its own rules, style and structure.
This course will help you understand the difference between the different types of content and show you how to plan and write them with originality and flair so that people will want to read and engage.
How will I benefit?
You'll take a fresh look at your approach to connecting with your audience so you'll be able to make what you write more effective, engaging and shareable. You'll tailor your writing to different audiences, platforms and messages. And you'll feel more confident in your ability to tackle any story.
What will I learn?
- How to adapt your writing for different audiences and media
- The anatomy of press releases and news stories
- How to make blog posts, features and articles compelling
- How to construct strong headlines, opening paragraphs and conclusions
- How to find and write good stories
- The six W questions and how to use them
- Foolproof ways to plan, draft and edit your media writing
- The role of structure in writing different types of content
- How to write a social media post to promote an online news story or article
Who should attend?
This course is for anyone new to writing a variety of PR materials or anyone wanting to refresh their media writing skills.
What else do I need to know?
This workshop is totally hands-on. You'll be writing from the start and taking part in plenty of activities that will help you hone your skills and inspire you to create engaging content. Please bring along one or two ideas for a story and watch it take shape as the course unfolds.
What delegates say about Writing Compelling Content for PR Professionals:
I found it very useful. I used the comments straight away to draft an email and I could see it wasa lot stronger.
Lorraine made the session interesting and seemed to enjoy helping us and giving us tips which made the sessions fun. Keep up the good work. I'd love to do your grammar lesson.
I enjoyed the exercises. It enables you to get feedback as soon as you write a letter, press release etc. The feedback was very useful.