Improving Personal Communication Skills
Make good working relationships great
Feel comfortable talking to just about anyone, form relationships with people you think you have nothing in common with, build rapport with people more easily and diffuse difficult situations before they become major issues.
Excellent verbal communication skills are one of the most important attributes a PR practitioner can possess. This highly interactive course uses a wide range of exercises and techniques to help you build strong relationships where everyone feels valued and important, and where you get others to co-operate more often so that you're all working towards the same goals.
How will I benefit?
When personal communication works well, you not only understand others better you are also understood by others more easily. You feel less stressed, more capable and more confident in your own abilities.
You'll start to recognise the different 'preferred communication styles' so you can adapt your natural style to achieve the best results for all parties.
You'll be given the chance to try out a number of different communication techniques during the course so you can put them into practice immediately. You'll also be able to tailor the different exercises to suit your specific problem areas. Delegates leave the course saying that they understand themselves and their actions better, enabling them to make changes that improve results at work.
What will I learn?
- Barriers to communication
- The qualities of the good communicator
- How to build and maintain rapport
- 'Active listening' and better listening skills
- The importance of non-verbal communication
- Adapting your body language and voice to different situations
- How to meet, greet and make a good first impression
- How to get your message across in meetings
- The four common personality modes and how to work with them
- How to modify your behaviour to achieve favourable outcomes
- How to give and receive feedback
Who should attend?
This course is for any communications professional who works with a number of senior stakeholders, colleagues, suppliers and journalists; anyone who sometimes has difficulty getting people to co-operate.
What else do I need to know?
This is course involves lots of interactivity and insight into yourself and the people you work with.
Sounds good! How do I book?
- Call Emma: 0118 958 7095
- Email: email@example.com
- Contact us: using the form below