How to Make Social Media Communications Shine
Social media is the fastest and most cost-effective way of communicating with your audiences. But to get it working to its maximum potential your channels need bags of personality and purpose.
This workshop demonstrates how to achieve that by developing a campaign that is audience-centric, has a distinctive tone of voice and is integrated with the rest of the communications mix.
We all know how fast-moving social media is, so this workshop also gives you an understanding of the latest trends, plus practical tools and ideas to get the most out of your campaigns.
How will I benefit?
Social media needs to be seen as a strategically important channel for brand communications. This course will help you develop the toolset to understand the nuances of social media, ask the right questions, then develop and run a programme that maximises its impact.
What will I learn?
- The good, bad and ugly sides of social media
- The four key principles for social media excellence
- Getting on top of the megatrends affecting social media
- Under the hood of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram to understand how they work for your clients
- A strategic approach to social media and getting it right from day one
- Setting up social media channels and optimising performance
- Essential elements to build audiences' personas
- Practical tips to bring your social media channels to life with video and visual content
- How to create a trending hashtag
- How to manage social media at an event
- How to engage with influencers
- What you need to do to get stakeholders on board
- The essentials for using paid to amplify campaigns
- Key steps to managing a crisis online
- What social listening is and how to deploy it
Who should attend?
Social Superstars is ideal for anyone who has a wider communications strategy which includes planning, managing or actively running social media channels. It assumes you have some experience of social media and brand communications as this is not suitable for complete beginners.
What else do I need to know?
This course is a blend of strategy and practical guidance. You will be helped to overcome your daily challenges and obstacles, so there'll be hands-on exercises and plenty of opportunities for discussion. Bring a laptop or tablet and examples of social media content that you love.
The course is delivered by an industry expert who became one of the first wave of PR professionals to specialise in this new arena for B2B clients.
He has introduced digital communications offerings at three agencies since then,most recently at Harvard where he established the creative and digital engagement practice, which became an award-winning 20+ strong division.
Full-day course, or delivered via two half-day sessions. Delivered to teams, around 5-10 people.